4 Signs That You Should Call A Plumber Right Away | Atlanta, GA
Photo By carlotoffolo at istock
We all rely greatly on our plumbing systems. We need our plumbing system to function properly to deliver fresh, clean water to your home. We also need our plumbing system to remove water and waste from the home.
If the plumbing system in your Atlanta, GA home isn’t functioning properly, it can make simple daily tasks difficult or impossible. There are several plumbing issues that require the immediate assistance of a plumber. You might be tempted to make minor repairs yourself, but this is a mistake. Your plumbing system is very complex; therefore, the issues below should only be handled by a licensed professional.
#1 No Water
The most obvious sign that you need to call a plumber is if there is no water coming into your home. Before calling a professional, you should first check your financial records to make sure that you paid your water bill. You should also check with your neighbors to see if they have water. If there is a water outage in the area, there is nothing a plumber can do to help.
If you have paid your bill and your neighbors have water, you should call a professional. There are a few reasons why you won’t have water, including:
- Frozen pipes
- Corroded or clogged pipes
- Old, decayed waterlines
- A clogged tap connection
It would take a licensed plumber’s knowledge and experience to figure out what is causing the problem. This is an emergency situation, and you should call a professional right away.
#2 Water Heater Issues
Your water heater is responsible for storing a large supply of hot water. If the water heater isn’t functioning properly, simple household tasks such as showering and cleaning can be impossible. Also, your appliances that rely on water to function won’t work properly. There are several water heater issues that would require the immediate assistance of a professional.
- No hot water or the water isn’t getting hot enough: This is the most obvious sign that you need to call a plumber. This issue can be due to a faulty heating element or a broken thermostat.
- You are running out of hot water quickly: This issue can occur if a large amount of sediment has built up inside the water tank, creating less space for hot water to be stored. It can also occur if one of the heating elements is faulty.
- Rusty hot water: If just the hot water is coming out rusty, sediment is likely built up in the tank that comes out when you run the hot water.
- Strange sounds from the water heater: Banging or clanging sounds from the water heater are likely pieces of sediment moving around inside the tank. If a professional does not repair the problem, the sediment can crack the water tank, causing a flood.
- Moisture or water pooling around the water heater: These issues could be due to broken or disconnected hoses. There could also be a crack in the water tank, which can result in a serious flood.
- Poor hot water pressure; If just the hot water pressure in your Atlanta, GA home is poor, there is likely sediment buildup in the hose, preventing the water from getting to the faucet.
You should never make water heater repairs yourself. If you make one simple mistake, you could end up doing more damage. Also, if your water heater is still under warranty, a DIY repair will void the warranty. If you are experiencing any issues with your water heater, you should call a licensed plumber.
#3 Drain Issues
If the drains in your home are working properly, the water should flow freely and quietly down the drain. If your drains are slow or clogged, you should call a licensed professional. Many homeowners will try to remove the clog themselves using a liquid drain cleaner. These products aren’t always effective, and the harsh chemicals can damage the pipes.
If your drains make a gurgling sound, it is an early warning sign. When there is a significant clog in the drain, the water will need to change directions to get down the drain. The change in water direction will cause a gurgling sound.
When you hire a licensed plumber, they will be able to use the best method possible to remove the clog completely, allowing the water to drain freely.
#4 Poor Water Pressure
If the water pressure in your home is poor, it can make simple tasks like showering and washing dishes difficult. Also, without adequate water pressure, your washing machine and dishwasher won’t function properly.
If just the hot water pressure is poor, the problem is with the water heater. If the hot and cold water pressure is poor, the issue could be a clogged aerator. The issue could also be due to a broken water line. If there is water leaking behind the wall, it can cause structural damage and mold growth. To keep this from happening, you should call a professional as soon as the problem starts.
Why Choose Peach Plumbing & Drain?
If you want to be sure that you are working with the best in the business, contact Peach Plumbing & Drain. All of our plumbers are licensed and insured and can handle any minor or major plumbing problem you are facing with your property. We have over 72 years of combined experience, which should give you peace of mind that we can fix the problem quickly and effectively.
We have been in the plumbing business long enough to know that plumbing issues can occur at any time of the day or night. This is why we offer emergency service 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. We understand that plumbing issues are inconvenient and can be damaging. This is why if you call for emergency plumbing service at night or on the weekend, we will get to your home as fast as we would if you called during regular business hours.
If you need a plumber to make a repair in your home, give us a call today.