Photo By aristotoo at istock
The plumbing system in your Buckhead, GA home is very important. It delivers clean, treated water into your home, and it removes water and waste from the home. If your plumbing system isn’t functioning properly, it can make daily household tasks difficult and even impossible.
Some homeowners will try to save money by making plumbing repairs themselves, but this is a bad idea. If you make one simple mistake while making the repair, you could end up doing more harm than good. This can result in a much more costly repair than if you had hired a plumber in the first place.
If you are experiencing any of the issues listed below in your home, it is best to call a licensed plumber.
#1 No Water
If you turn on the faucet and nothing comes out, don’t call a plumber just yet. First, check your banking records to ensure that your water bills have been paid and are up-to-date. You should also check with your neighbors to ensure there hasn’t been a widespread water outage.
If everything checks out, you should call a professional. You could have corroded or clogged pipes, old water lines, frozen pipes, or a clogged connection. It would take a licensed professional to figure out why you have no water so they can make the necessary repairs.
#2 Poor Water Pressure
Poor water pressure can be very frustrating. If the water pressure in your home is poor, it can be difficult to rinse the shampoo from your hair and the food off your plates. Also, your water-based appliances won’t function properly if the water pressure is poor. If the poor water pressure is making your life difficult, you should call a licensed plumber.
The problem could be a clogged aerator, which is an easy fix. It could also be a leaking water line, which is more serious. As the water builds up behind the wall, it can cause structural damage to your home and promote mold growth. Because this is such a serious issue, you should call a licensed professional right away.
#3 Slow Or Clogged Drains
If the water goes down the drains very slowly or won’t go down at all, it can make life in the home difficult and very frustrating. Some homeowners will try to remove the clog themselves using a liquid drain cleaner. Unfortunately, these products don’t always work, and they contain harsh chemicals that are bad for the pipes.
If you are having an issue with your drains, you should call a licensed plumber. Plumbers will be able to use various methods to safely remove the clog, depending on the size and location. When you call a professional, you can be sure that the clog will be removed without causing damage to the pipes.
#4 Rusty Water
If you turn the water on and it comes out rusty, you should call a licensed professional immediately. It is not safe to bathe in, drink or cook with rusty water, which makes this an emergency situation. The problem is likely due to corroded pipes that need to be replaced right away.
#5 Water Heater Issues
If the water heater in your Buckhead, GA home malfunctions, you will have no hot water. This can make simple tasks difficult or impossible. It is essential that you can recognize the signs that there is an issue with your water heater early to prevent a complete breakdown and a costly repair bill. If you notice any of the issues listed below, you should call a licensed plumber immediately.
- No hot water: This can occur if both of the heating elements in the tank have failed. It can also occur if there is an electrical issue and your water heater isn’t getting power.
- The water isn’t getting hot enough: This can occur if there is an issue with the water heater’s thermostat. It can also occur if one of the heating elements is faulty, and just one heating element cannot heat the entire tank.
- You are running out of hot water quickly: When sediment builds up at the bottom of the tank, it takes up space, and you won’t have room for as much heated water.
- Your hot water pressure is poor: This occurs when sediment builds up in the water lines inside the water tank.
- Rusty hot water: If just your hot water is rusty, it could be due to sediment that has built up in the tank and is coming out in the hot water.
- Strange sounds coming from the water tank: The strange sounds are likely sediment that has built up in the tank and is hitting the sides. If you ignore this problem, it can cause a fracture in the water tank.
- Moisture around the water tank: The moisture could be due to a broken or disconnected hose. It could also be due to a fracture in the water tank, which is serious because it can result in a major flood.
#6 Leaky Faucet
Many people don’t worry too much about a leaky faucet because the water just drips. After a day or two, you get used to the sound of the water dripping, and you barely hear it anymore. Ignoring the problem is a mistake, and you should call a licensed plumber right away. If there is a leak, there is an issue with the faucet’s mechanics that will only get worse. Also, a leaky faucet wastes more water than you might realize. Over the course of a year, a leaky faucet can waste up to 3,000 gallons of water, which can cause a significant increase in your water bill. It is best to call a professional as soon as the problem starts.
Why Choose Peach Plumbing & Drain?
If you are having an issue in your home and need a plumber, contact Peach Plumbing & Drain. We have been serving residential and business customers in the area for many years. We have over 72 years of combined experience, which should give you peace of mind that you will fix the problem right the first time.
If you have any issues with your plumbing system after regular business hours, we will be there to help. We understand that plumbing issues can occur at any time, so we offer 24/7 emergency service.
To schedule an appointment, give us a call today.