Plumbing issues can affect your daily life, so it’s not uncommon to worry when something goes wrong. You won’t know how serious the problem is or how much it will cost, and not knowing can increase your anxiety. You should think twice if you’re tempted to watch a YouTube video and attempt a DIY repair. Without formal plumbing training, a DIY repair could worsen the problem, so hiring a professional is best.
If your plumbing system experiences any of the following problems, a plumbing service in Brookhaven, GA can help.
#1 Dripping Faucet
A dripping faucet may seem like a minor annoyance, and you might not even notice the dripping sound after a day or two. However, you shouldn’t ignore the problem and should call a plumbing service.
If the faucet drips one drop per second, causing you to waste 11 gallons of water a day, and the longer you wait to have the faucet fixed, the more your water bills will increase. Also, the problem won’t go away on its own and can escalate to a steady stream you can’t turn off, so it’s best to call a plumbing service as soon as the faucet starts dripping.
A few issues can cause the faucet to drip, including:
- Worn-out gasket or washer
- The cartridge on a cartridge-style faucet (a faucet that has one handle for hot water and one for cold) is damaged.
- Malfunctioning O-ring
- Corroded valve seat
- The faucet is old and should be replaced
A plumbing service will send a plumber to your house to inspect the faucet, figure out why it’s leaking, and fix it to stop the dripping, preventing you from wasting more water.
#2 Running Toilet
Your toilet is designed to run after flushing to fill the tank, so it’s ready for the next flush. You should call a plumbing service immediately if the toilet runs and doesn’t stop.
This may not seem serious because you can only hear the toilet when you’re in the bathroom, but it’s more serious than you think. A running toilet wastes 30 gallons of water a day, causing your water bills to increase if the problem isn’t addressed quickly.
A few issues can cause the toilet to run constantly, including:
- A crack in the flapper
- The chain is broken
- The float height is too high or low
- The refill hose is too long
- The toilet is old and should be replaced
A plumbing service in Brookhaven, GA will send a tech to your home to inspect the toilet and diagnose and fix the problem, preventing you from wasting more water.
#3 Drain Issues
The drainage system is essential to your plumbing system because it allows the water and waste to exit the home, and drain issues can be very inconvenient. If your drains experience any of the following problems, you should hire a plumber immediately.
- Slow drain: If the water drains slowly, there’s likely a small clog in the drain. You can’t let the water run for long when the water drains slowly because there’s a risk of an overflow. You shouldn’t try to solve the problem using a liquid drain cleaner because these products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your plumbing system. Also, you won’t know for sure if part of the clog remains.
- Clogged drain: A significant clog will prevent the water from draining, and you can’t use the fixture until the drain is unclogged.
- Noisy drains: If you hear a gurgling sound when the water drains, it indicates a significant clog in the drain. The clog will prevent the water from draining and change directions to find a way past the clog. The change in direction creates an air pocket causing the gurgling sound.
- Multiple drain clogs: If more than one drain is clogged, it indicates a clog in the sewer line. This problem must be addressed immediately because the clog will worsen over time. Eventually, the water and waste will have nowhere to go, causing a backup into the house, which is every homeowner’s worst nightmare.
A plumbing service will send a plumber to your house with the necessary tools to eliminate the clog, restoring the water flow down the drain.
#4 Water Heater Issues
You need hot water all day, so if your water heater isn’t working right, it can make your life inconvenient. If your water heater experiences any of the following problems, it’s best to call a licensed professional immediately.
- You don’t have hot water.
- The water isn’t hot enough.
- You run out of hot water often
- Poor hot water pressure
- Discolored hot water
- The unit sounds like it’s possessed.
- Moisture or water pooling around the unit.
A plumbing service in Brookhaven, GA will send a tech to look at the unit to determine why it isn’t working and fix the problem to get the unit up and running again.
Call Peach Plumbing & Drain
If your plumbing system is acting up and you need to call a plumbing service, look no further than Peach Plumbing & Drain. We’re a locally-owned family business with over 72 years of combined experience.
Our plumbers are professionally trained, and their skills and expertise have allowed them to complete some of the most challenging jobs in the plumbing industry.
Our customers are our top priority, so if you have a plumbing issue that must be addressed immediately, you don’t need to panic. We provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we’ll get a plumber to your house as quickly as possible to resolve the problem.
We’ve earned an excellent reputation over the years thanks to our superior service. We have a 5-star rating on Google and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. You can also find us on Home Advisor, and we’re listed as a Top Rated and Elite Service on the platform.
If you need to schedule an appointment for plumbing repair or any service we provide, give Peach Plumbing & Drain a call today.
See our previous blog post here!